I watched 2 great movies this weekend: We don't live here anymore and Princess Mononoke.
Oh my god. I can't stop raving abt Princess Mononoke. I watched WDLHA first and i tot it was really good. It had a lot of talking and i loved it for being so rhetorical. Princess Mononoke was...WOW. The people move very realistically...and it's animation! *kowtows to Miyazaki* I like this more than i like Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away) and Hauru no ugokishiro (Howl's Moving Castle). This film was really nice! Everyone, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favour and check these 2 films out!
We Don't Live Here Anymore
This film is abt 2 couples, Jack & Terri, Hank and Edith. Hank is a writer and he's so obssessed with his work that he neglected his wife. So his wife, Edith, ends up having an affair with his best fren, Jack, who is also the husband of her best friend, Terri. In the end, Jack loves Edith and nearly divorced Terri (who loved him all the way frm start to finish)
Terri: Jack, if you screwed things up - blah, blah can't remember - and lost everyhting, i'd love you. I love you!
Jack: I love Edith.
Terri: What?! No... (she went to hug Jack)
Jack: Don't do this (he pushed her to the floor) Just take it, ok. Take it, Jesus Christ.
But he stayed on with his wife because...i tink he feels that he owes it to her cos she loves him so much. Like, when they were going to divorce she still accomodated to his wishes. She barely put up a fight. ("If it's the kids, you can see them anythime you want, i won't fight for it." "No, it's not the kids...") It's like, she almost encourages him to go ahead with the path he chose, which was to be with Edith.
Also, at the end of the film, we realise that Hank knew abt the affair all along. But he doesn't care. He doesn't love Edith anyway. He just loves his writing. And pretty women.
Hank: "It's easier to live with a woman who thinks that she is loved."
Wat the shit! I wanted to punch him!
At the end when Edith decides to leave Hank..
Hank: "Why? Why do you leave now?"
Edith: "Because i can."
I liked Mark Ruffalo's character at first. But later i liked Terri and i hated him cos he didn't love her and she has been true to him and had loved him since day one.
Princess Mononoke
This animation captured me right from the start. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH i love Ashitaka!! He's so brave (which is everything i'm not)!!!

The story is abt a prince, Ashitaka, who went in search of the Deer God to lift a curse that was inflicted on him when he killed a demon boar. Along the way, he meets a girl, San, who was brought up by the wolves. The forest she lived in was under the threat of destruction by the humans who mined iron from the land. War btwn nature & humans was imminent....
I wasn't that concerned with the environment theme....i was more caught up with the romance bits..heh heh. The music is good as well. (Ok, i'm really obssessed with the music!) And the textures in the animation were great!
Favourite moments///
San: Why did you stop me?
Ashitaka: Cos i didn't want you to die. Wakatteiru. Saishu ni atta toki kara. I knew that from the moment i saw you.
San: I'll cut your throat so you can't say anymore nonsense!

Ashitaka: Sugata wa utsukushii.. You look beautiful..
When Ashitaka hugged San.

Ashitaka: Tsumanakatta. I'm sorry. I tried to stop it (the destruction of the forest).
When they woke up after the forest was reborn. They woke up in each other's arms..So sweet~~~~~
Kodama! Kawaii!!!!!
Oh my god. I can't stop raving abt Princess Mononoke. I watched WDLHA first and i tot it was really good. It had a lot of talking and i loved it for being so rhetorical. Princess Mononoke was...WOW. The people move very realistically...and it's animation! *kowtows to Miyazaki* I like this more than i like Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away) and Hauru no ugokishiro (Howl's Moving Castle). This film was really nice! Everyone, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favour and check these 2 films out!
We Don't Live Here Anymore
This film is abt 2 couples, Jack & Terri, Hank and Edith. Hank is a writer and he's so obssessed with his work that he neglected his wife. So his wife, Edith, ends up having an affair with his best fren, Jack, who is also the husband of her best friend, Terri. In the end, Jack loves Edith and nearly divorced Terri (who loved him all the way frm start to finish)
Terri: Jack, if you screwed things up - blah, blah can't remember - and lost everyhting, i'd love you. I love you!
Jack: I love Edith.
Terri: What?! No... (she went to hug Jack)
Jack: Don't do this (he pushed her to the floor) Just take it, ok. Take it, Jesus Christ.
But he stayed on with his wife because...i tink he feels that he owes it to her cos she loves him so much. Like, when they were going to divorce she still accomodated to his wishes. She barely put up a fight. ("If it's the kids, you can see them anythime you want, i won't fight for it." "No, it's not the kids...") It's like, she almost encourages him to go ahead with the path he chose, which was to be with Edith.
Also, at the end of the film, we realise that Hank knew abt the affair all along. But he doesn't care. He doesn't love Edith anyway. He just loves his writing. And pretty women.
Hank: "It's easier to live with a woman who thinks that she is loved."
Wat the shit! I wanted to punch him!
At the end when Edith decides to leave Hank..
Hank: "Why? Why do you leave now?"
Edith: "Because i can."
I liked Mark Ruffalo's character at first. But later i liked Terri and i hated him cos he didn't love her and she has been true to him and had loved him since day one.
Princess Mononoke
This animation captured me right from the start. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH i love Ashitaka!! He's so brave (which is everything i'm not)!!!
The story is abt a prince, Ashitaka, who went in search of the Deer God to lift a curse that was inflicted on him when he killed a demon boar. Along the way, he meets a girl, San, who was brought up by the wolves. The forest she lived in was under the threat of destruction by the humans who mined iron from the land. War btwn nature & humans was imminent....
I wasn't that concerned with the environment theme....i was more caught up with the romance bits..heh heh. The music is good as well. (Ok, i'm really obssessed with the music!) And the textures in the animation were great!
Favourite moments///
San: Why did you stop me?
Ashitaka: Cos i didn't want you to die. Wakatteiru. Saishu ni atta toki kara. I knew that from the moment i saw you.
San: I'll cut your throat so you can't say anymore nonsense!
Ashitaka: Sugata wa utsukushii.. You look beautiful..
When Ashitaka hugged San.
Ashitaka: Tsumanakatta. I'm sorry. I tried to stop it (the destruction of the forest).
When they woke up after the forest was reborn. They woke up in each other's arms..So sweet~~~~~
<< Home