Saturday, January 07, 2006

*Agrees with Jan* Yeah! Wallace & gromit was a fantastic piece of animation work~! I tot that the animation looked very natural, not jerky or fake at all (recalls in disgust fake-looking human in Final Fantasy), except for the first part where the policeman walking looked sorta stiff. But other than that, the animation was great throughout. The pacing of the show was tight and i didn't feel bored at all throughout the whole show. The voice actors did a good job as well. I like Gromit! He's a really smart dog, even though he doesn't talk at all. The humour was good as well...

****SPOILERS****

with the King Kong references being the funniest.

There are snippets of witty details & lines as well, if you pay attention.

("Grated expectations" - title one of the books that cheese-loving Wallace owns;

"Cheese. May contain nuts." - label of the box that Gromit used to cover a naked Wallace after the latter transforms back to a human;

The conversation btwn 2 men at the vegetable competition.
Random man #1, "I have a hunch that...."

Random man with a hunched back,"I just have a hunch!", etc).

I knew who the were-rabbit was when Gromit followed the were-rabbit's tracks into the house. Even though he followed the tracks into the basement. It couldn't be so simple to be Hunch.

****END OF SPOILERS***

And the rabbits were really cute! One of the makers of this animation, Nick Park said that the idea was to have a ridiculous plot by having a were-rabbit. I think that the ridiculous plot drew people's attention to the great animation cos you dun need a lot of brains to follow the story.

And the Madagascar special before the filmis really farnie too! I almost wished it was the one i was watching *oops*

Favourite lines:

"Kaboom!"

"Leave her alone. She didn't see anything..."

Anyway, go catch Wallace & Gromit! It's worth a watch!